Environment and Recycling
Total amount of paper used in Turkey is 6 million tons. Only 2.6 million tons of that is recycled. This condition shows that the sector will have problems in meeting raw materials which are the need of the sector today and in the future. Therefore, competition power of the sector will be affected negatively.
- Waste paper recycling industry had the economy of the country gain waste paper of 2.6 million tons in 2014.
- 1.6 million tons of this amount were collected from the industry and the rest were collected from the streets.
- Total raw material amount that the sector used in 2015, together with new investments and increase in existing capacities is 3.1 million tons.
- Waste paper amount met from domestic market is 2.85 million tons.
- Total loss that will occur if one million tons of waste paper are not collected is € 130 Million.